Friday, August 19, 2011

Domestic Goddess-ness, here I come...

So, as i mentioned, I am working on my inner domestic goddess these days. I decided to kick it off by making some homemade applesauce. Not only, because it is tasty, but I really wanted that aroma to grace our home.

This is the recipe I used and it turned out great!! I attempted to feed some to the babe, but she gave me a gagging face. I took offense, until she made the same face with her favorite food, sweet potatoes.


HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE

recipe image

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4


Ingredients:
4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions:
1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.


Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment